ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mega Disk (Interceptor) Can run SMS game on Genesis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Mega Disk (Interceptor) Can run SMS game on Genesis Reply with quote

I just have a Mega Disk, it can play SMS game on Genesis (without any adaptor). I never know it can do that. Maybe you don't know that too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lruuldS1tpk
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mega Disk (Interceptor) Can run SMS game on Genesis Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:
I just have a Mega Disk, it can play SMS game on Genesis (without any adaptor). I never know it can do that. Maybe you don't know that too.

do you happen to know whick SMS games will not run on the Mega Disk?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the same ones that don't run on a Magic Drive, the guy that made the Sane Ting units previously worked for FFE.

http://emu-docs.org/Genesis/smdtech.txt
This document describes exactly how the SMS mode is implemented, from that it's possible to determine which games are compatible with a debugging emulator, but it would be faster to just test them manually with uCON64 and your parallel port.
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
but it would be faster to just test them manually with uCON64 and your parallel port.

... or, in my case, testing them manually with floppies on my MDI Laughing
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is about the slowest way possible since you have to add headers then use a tool to just write a game.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conceitedjerk wrote:
kyuusaku wrote:
but it would be faster to just test them manually with uCON64 and your parallel port.

... or, in my case, testing them manually with floppies on my MDI Laughing

have you found out what SMS games work on your MDI and which don't?
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:

I've only had time to test a handful of games. R-Type, Rygar, Quartet, Cyborg Hunter, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, and Cyber Shinobi all work. Phantasy Star didn't.

As for Game Gear games, Castle of Illusion worked but Dragon Crystal and GG Shinobi didn't work so well... colours were all screwed up and would crash at their respective title screens.

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to do a bit more research. One thing that bugs me is the lack of a pause button when running SMS games on the MDI (and START button on Game Gear games).
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conceitedjerk wrote:
eastbayarb wrote:

I've only had time to test a handful of games. R-Type, Rygar, Quartet, Cyborg Hunter, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, and Cyber Shinobi all work. Phantasy Star didn't.

As for Game Gear games, Castle of Illusion worked but Dragon Crystal and GG Shinobi didn't work so well... colours were all screwed up and would crash at their respective title screens.

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to do a bit more research. One thing that bugs me is the lack of a pause button when running SMS games on the MDI (and START button on Game Gear games).

Since I have a Mega Disk Interceptor, I can join you in putting together a list of games that do and don't work. I have been meaning to do it, and now that I have a Genesis 1 system (not using my CDX any more ), it should be easier.
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:

Since I have a Mega Disk Interceptor, I can join you in putting together a list of games that do and don't work. I have been meaning to do it, and now that I have a Genesis 1 system (not using my CDX any more ), it should be easier.

Sure, why not? I enjoy a good collaboration! I was going to start a blog about my various projects anyway, and this would fit along those lines. I'll PM or email you later, when I get home from the office.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also going to be testing out SMS games on my Super Magic Drive plus. My Super Magic Drive plus is 24mb and my Mega Disk Interceptor is 16mb
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conceitedjerk wrote:
eastbayarb wrote:

Sure, why not? I enjoy a good collaboration! I was going to start a blog about my various projects anyway, and this would fit along those lines. I'll PM or email you later, when I get home from the office.

I am trying to format a floppy (USB floppy disk) and put SMS games on a floppy with XP. I read the docs ,but i am still confused
sledge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega Disk (Interceptor) Can run SMS game on Genesis Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:

Great! I have owned this device for quite some years, and I have never tested this Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: