ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

power supply for a super wild card DX2?????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backtoskooldaze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: power supply for a super wild card DX2????????? Reply with quote

Hi I have purchased a brand new super wild card DX2 with a psu+cable for transferring the roms:)
My question :-
Can i use the psu on the super wild card DX2 even if the psu was not needed???
I am waiting to recieve the super wild card etc.... I was told that i will need a psu for the s/wild card but if the s/wild card works ok without a psu is it ok to still use the psu i bought for it????
I have been told that not using a psu on the s/wild card is pushing it were as if i do use the psu i will have a longer life time on the s/wild card.
I don't want to use a psu if not needed as this may damaged the s/wildcard and i don't want to burn it out:(
Is there anyone who uses a psu for a super wild card DX2.I have been told that if no psu is used then the screen flashes when loading games etc.......

I am a newbie so i appologise for the long email Smile
JohnDie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't connect a PSU to your SWC DX2 it will draw the power it needs from the SNES. This could lead to problems as the power supply circuits in the SNES were not designed for such a load. It could also be, that the floppy drive in the SWC DX2 fails without a PSU connected to the SWC DX2. So it's better to connect a seperate PSU to the SWC DX2. It works fine for me using a 9V DC center negative power supply.

Hope that helped,
JohnDie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: