ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomy's MGD1 linker program: parallel port address?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark_k

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Tomy's MGD1 linker program: parallel port address? Reply with quote

Hi,

Is there any way to change the parallel port I/O address that Tomy's MGD1 linker program uses?

If not, it would be really great if an updated version could be made where the user can specify the port address.

Many computers don't have their parallel port at the "legacy" PC addresses. For example, any modern laptop with a hardware parallel port ExpressCard. For technical reasons, the PCI Express parallel port can't appear at the normal LPT1/LPT2/LPT3 addresses.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Tomy's MGD1 linker program: parallel port address? Reply with quote

mark_k wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to change the parallel port I/O address that Tomy's MGD1 linker program uses?

If not, it would be really great if an updated version could be made where the user can specify the port address.

Many computers don't have their parallel port at the "legacy" PC addresses. For example, any modern laptop with a hardware parallel port ExpressCard. For technical reasons, the PCI Express parallel port can't appear at the normal LPT1/LPT2/LPT3 addresses.

I think it's more designed for systems with a built in parallel port, in which you can change the adress in the BIOS. I have never tried a PCMCIA parallel port card on a laptop with anything copier related, but if you got that working, let us know!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your expansion card DOES use the port space you could alter the open source parallel port driver to always access your port's base, or just hack the program. Search for 0x7803, 7903 and 7A03 and replace them with your ports little-endian.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
As long as your expansion card DOES use the port space you could alter the open source parallel port driver to always access your port's base, or just hack the program. Search for 0x7803, 7903 and 7A03 and replace them with your ports little-endian.

wow, that's way more complicated than I am willing to deal with. I guess in layman's terms, all that really means is get a desktop with a parallel port on it.

I tried using my PCMCIA parallel port adapter with tototek flash carts and such, but after hours of research, no luck.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using a HEX editor on the binarys shouldn't be too hard. If you can't do it, surely someone close to you can.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net wrote:
Using a HEX editor on the binarys shouldn't be too hard. If you can't do it, surely someone close to you can.

u got an example of this?
madman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net wrote:
Using a HEX editor on the binarys shouldn't be too hard.

Obviously you've never read eastbay's posts over the last few years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: