ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAN'T GET SUPERFLASH TO RECOGNIZE FLASH CART

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobytobiasjones

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: CAN'T GET SUPERFLASH TO RECOGNIZE FLASH CART Reply with quote

I got my SNES flashcart last week and have been having some issues with getting it going. (I tested the cart out when I initially got it and Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition and Tales of Phantasia worked perfectly.)

Other details:
Computer is a Dell Optiplex GX620

Freshly-installed copy of Windows XP Home (SP2).

I have an NTSC SNES.

Superflash is set to Port 378
BIOS is set to EPP and Port 378H
Multi-game header file is set to "sfbotx2.gs"

I've triple-checked all of these settings as I've seen many people have the same problem(s). The Programmer power light turns on when I flip the switch and all seems to be working except for the program which displays the info in the attachment.

Everything seems to be set to what it should be, but still nothing! Sad
(I intend to try it all on a different computer soon, possibly with a different cable, too.)

Any advice from anyone? The thought of me not getting this thing to run would be a major bummer...

**UPDATE**

A big fat nevermind, people. It was my cable. I found another at a local Goodwill location. It works perfectly, thank goodness. Good luck to all those who have trouble with their carts!

untitled.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.15 KB
 Viewed:  9449 Time(s)

untitled.JPG

TekDeviant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: somewhat related Reply with quote

Hi there so what program did you use to load your game? because I'm soon recieving a doctor gb card and not sure if it will work with xp I also have a dell optiplex with parallel port.
tobytobiasjones

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: somewhat related Reply with quote

TekDeviant wrote:
Hi there so what program did you use to load your game? because I'm soon recieving a doctor gb card and not sure if it will work with xp I also have a dell optiplex with parallel port.

Hey there. I used the program pictured; Super Flasher 2.34. Honestly, it should be as simple as changing your BIOS settings to EPP and port # 378, setting the software's port to 378, and plugging the cords in properly. The problem I was having was with my parallel cable. I'd never tested it before and assumed it'd function (it turned out it didn't). After plugging in an alternate cable, it worked like a charm.

I guess I should more simply say: Your Dell Optiplex and copy of WinXP should work fine. It did with me. Wink
Turk182

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem, i bought my programmer and cartridge one years ago and both works without problem, and yesterday the programmer didn't recognize my cartridge any more. I try 3 cables LPT1 and nothing....

Anyone can help me please ?
Turk182

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ¿?
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've changed the cables and double-checked the BIOS setting to make sure it's still EPP, then it's either the computer or the programmer. If you have another computer, you might try it on that. If it does show there either, I'd guess the programmer (or maybe the flash cart) has gone bad.

If you changed something in the computer recently, that might have changed the settings you need to use. You might also try changing the port to see if it shows again.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're sure not your pc and cables problem, you can send it back to me for repair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: