ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNES copier linked to pc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrobbert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: SNES copier linked to pc Reply with quote

Hi, in the years when the SNES was hot I had a super magicom and if I can remember correctly I could connect this device to my pc from where I could load the different roms.

I still have my snes and super magicom but the copier doesn't work anymore. I've read that the super magicom is an antique compared to other snes copiers so can anyone tell me which copier I must buy to load snes roms from my pc?

I also have a pro fighter x turbo (3 in 1), but this one can't connect to the pc. The problem with this pfxt is that it almost doesn't play any rom, even after convertion and other snes tool options. So if you can advise a good copier or a workaround which also helps me in playing all snes roms I will be greatful!

Thanks!
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't be able to play much games on a Super Magicom but you should still be able to transfer games via parallel port.
If you have a black screen, try cleaning the connector with a screw driver or sand paper. Over time they can get dirty.

May I ask you what is the bios version of your PFX 3 in 1 and if you have music playing when you boot it up?

Best deal for the copier is the GDSF7. Tomy has many for sale
skrobbert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:
You won't be able to play much games on a Super Magicom but you should still be able to transfer games via parallel port.
If you have a black screen, try cleaning the connector with a screw driver or sand paper. Over time they can get dirty.

May I ask you what is the bios version of your PFX 3 in 1 and if you have music playing when you boot it up?

Hi, thanks, I will try to clean it because it does show a black screen.

I can try to connect it through the parallel port, but do you know if I need specific software to load the rom from my pc? I've read the GDSF7 has the same option but does it come with this kind of software?

Thanks!
skrobbert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:

BTW, where can I find the BIOS version in the PFX3? I've tried to look for it but can't find it.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both GDSF6 and GDSF7 have built in parallel ports. You can use UCON64, free software to send roms to it. You need a 25 pin straight through cable. You will also need a compatible computer. It's easiest to use with an older computer running Windows 98SE in my experience. But it is possible to get it working on Windows XP.

Parallel USB adapters won't work also. It must be on the motherboard itself or possibly a PCI expansion card.

The Super Magicom can likely be fixed. I would not clean it with either of those methods though. If you can get the official SNES cleaning kit that would help. Otherwise just do whatever to gently scrub off dirt and dust.
madman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, yea, I would not start off cleaning the connector with a screwdriver. Use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Very fine grit sand paper can be used, but really only as a last resort for very built up dirt.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Wow, yea, I would not start off cleaning the connector with a screwdriver. Use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Very fine grit sand paper can be used, but really only as a last resort for very built up dirt.

Razz

Madman is right...theoratically...
I got my latest copiers in Thailand where it takes less than a year for any regular metal to get rusty due to humidity (even stainless steel...go figure!). So you can try alcohol, but as far as I'm concerned it never worked.

You didn't answer my question regarding MUSIC on the PFX 3 in 1:

I got the Smart Disc 3 in 1 recently which is the latest revision for Smart Disc. It's a clone (or most probably a licensed CCL asian revision) of your copier.
It has a v.6 Bios and boots up on a Super Mario World music theme so I was wondering if your PFX had the same Question

pfx3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.84 KB
 Viewed:  4724 Time(s)

pfx3.jpg

TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic, do you have the scrolling background flags (american, canadian, full blue) on your v.6? Also, is the language in english?
Could you take a picture of the main menu by default?
Thanks,

TSR
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as every other PFX2/3in1 and yes it is in English.

I'm only wondering about this SMW music. I've seen it on another FX64 but I don't know if it does exist on the original PFX 3in1. I can't imagine CCL using some copyrighted material from Nintendo. If anybody got a PFX 3in1...

sd2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.29 KB
 Viewed:  4676 Time(s)

sd2.jpg

TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic, thanks for the pic. So those damn flags are also on BIOS v.6 :/
As for the music, no such thing on my PFX2, completely silent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: