ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCE-PRO doesn't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botulismo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: PCE-PRO doesn't work Reply with quote

I've been trying to get the PCE Pro to work and the software does not recognize it at all. It flashes "32mbit free" for half a second - I do not know if this is just the software or if it recognizes for a split second. It does not show any of the games on the card, but it plays fine on the PC Engine with the games that were already on it.

I only have one computer to test it on, but I'm pretty sure it's not the port. I have a Tototek SNES flash cartridge and it works fine, I can write, read, and dump ROMs and SRMs perfectly fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not the parallel port. I use the same cables with both carts so I don't think it could be the cables either.

I'm running XP SP3. No error messages. Could it be broken? Has anyone else had issues like this?

If it's broken, does Tototek do repairs on these?

Thanks
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it's broken. Have you tried different versions of the Flashing Software? I think it's called DreamWriter? You may have better luck with a different version. The SuperFlash working is good as it makes it unlikely to be a computer hardware issue.

If that doesn't help maybe Tomy will be able to help.
botulismo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea, but I have tried so far V 1.2- V 1.5 of Dreamwriter with no luck or difference. I'll try earlier ones later, but I will be surprised if there is a difference. Here are a couple other things I should say. I'm using it in EPP mode as I should and there are no IRQ conflicts (if there were, I don't think Super Flasher would work!)
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ucon64 supports the PCE-Pro, and I have never had an issue using it. It's much better than DreamWriter - other than lacking a fancy interface. There are some simple front-ends for it as well to make it easier to use for people who don't like command line tools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: