ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap Cart creation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff-20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Cheap Cart creation Reply with quote

I have seen many pirate carts -- carts made by collectors, not originals. Mostly in Asia.

There are many games I will probably never find. I'd like to make carts of them just for my own use. I know this can be done for other systems with a ROM burner. Can it be done using the Totek dock?

I don't want to buy a lot of flash carts. Is there a cheap permenant alternative to the flash cart. Something I can use to make a permenant game? No menu or rewriting.

I want to make 3 or 4 carts for my collection. Perhaps a cart of a demo game like bezerk. How do the guys in asia make these??

Suppafly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK guys in asia send their computer files (like blueprints) to large manufacturing factories, where they make the requested parts (PCBS in this case). Production is expensive for few units, the larger the order, the lower the price.

Cool
MadenMann

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, you should get some simple cadridges (like sonic 1) and take the rom off. Get an equal rom and burn your files on it. Then put it into the cadridge.
d4s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mega drive games use 16bit roms so you cant just replace them with more common 8bit eproms.
if you dont have a eprom writer that supports 16bit eproms,you'll have to use 2 8bit eproms to form a 16bit bus,same thing for snes sa-1 and sdd-1 cartridges.
i have never built a mega drive cartridge but i have put up some information on the process of assembling homebrewn snes cartridges
http://snesdev.romhack.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: