ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atari Lynx
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QWERTY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Atari Lynx Reply with quote

How about a Flash cart for the Atari Lynx? There where over 100 games released for the Lynx so there certainly be alot of games to play on it.
segabob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Atari Lynx Reply with quote

QWERTY wrote:
How about a Flash cart for the Atari Lynx? There where over 100 games released for the Lynx so there certainly be alot of games to play on it.

I would agree.
That would be the simple one to make.
And I know a lot of people who would get it Idea
Suppafly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tototek will focus in the systems with moer users. Lynx is a gret system, but tototek would sell a lot more flash devicess for more popular syustems like nes, n64, etc
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that it is next to impossible to find a general purpose backup device for the Famicom/NES... and the fact that the Famicom/NES has so many games and users.... I bet that is there next device.
segabob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Nes Mappers Reply with quote

Jagasian wrote:
Considering that it is next to impossible to find a general purpose backup device for the Famicom/NES... and the fact that the Famicom/NES has so many games and users.... I bet that is there next device.

That would be the best one but not sure how easy it would to cover all the Mappers that even the emulators have a hard time using.
Or am I that far out in left field?
QWERTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppafly wrote:
I think tototek will focus in the systems with moer users. Lynx is a gret system, but tototek would sell a lot more flash devicess for more popular syustems like nes, n64, etc

If popularity was the deciding factory then it would barely explain why Tototek bothered with creating and selling SMS, Game Gear, or PCE/TG16 Flash carts. (All of which were arguably less popular then other systems of their day)
Suppafly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the GUest:

The SMS was a immensely popular console on brasil and europe, so I dont know what youre talking about! And the Game Gear seemed like a good option because the hardware is VERY similar to the SMS

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each of those consoles had 10-100x the fanbase of anything Atari. And PCE... PCE was the most popular console in Japan for 4 years! You're on crack.
QWERTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're basing popularity on what?...opinion? Sales in Brazil or Europe?! The consoles that you owned? What?

Fact, In the last 20 years the US accounts for 50-55% of all console game sales, Japan accounts for 25-30%, everyone else (that includes Brazil and Europe) accounts for the rest. If you assume popularity=sales, worldwide the SMS, GG and PCE sales were insignificant specs compared against the sales figures for the NES, Gameboy, Megadrive/Genesis and SNES.

I'm not disputing what was popular in you own little corner of the universe and I'm certainly not trying to say that the Atari Lynx was popular. (I know it wasn't) I simply stated that perceived popularity should not be the main deciding factor on whether a flash cartridge is made or not.

These are all orphaned consoles, it's pointless to have a stupid popularity argument about them now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, popularity schould be out of discussion.

I think it's a fact that the flashkits made so far are based on that, but for the next ones (after the N64 flasher) i think tototek also looks to the consoles, that are easy to make kits for, The Atary Linx has very flat cartridges and i think it's not so easy to make for them (i don't know how the produce there stuff), I would love to see a Linx flashkit, but i doubt it, i would love to see a flashkit for the few master system games made on those small carts (only playable in sms first generation consoles).

Tototek schould make a real vote on what kits the public like to see and try to make the most wanted if possible (Yeah, let the MVS flahkit role in)

Anyway, I think Tomy has to decide what kits Tototek make, and what kits it will never make and make a clear stand on that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QWERTY wrote:
everyone else (that includes Brazil and Europe) accounts for the rest.

Somebody thinking about us Smile
Why has Europe always been last on releases and other stuff Wink the never think on Europe

Anyway gotta go home, wife calls i need to stop working Smile
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

I've been dying to play lynx games on my TV for years....no commercial product has ever come out to do this. That would be a great product too! And don't say to use an emulator! Not the same thing!

Sorry to thread highjack....carry on. Smile

-ROb
Memblers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here familiar with the Lynx on a technical level?

I've got one, but have nothing to run on it but the couple carts that I have.

I might be interested in making a dev cart for it in the future, if I had a better idea of what all is needed. What I understand is that it doesn't run the program from the cart, instead it has to read the cart data into RAM. I seem to recall there's a BIOS on that system too. That sound about right?

Anyone know if there's a special key needed in the program (like with the atari 7800) or anything similar?

I can't start on that project immediately, but if anyone is interested and has any helpful info, let me know.
timofonic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I adquired a perfectly (as a new one) Atari Lynx with 6 games, very nice machine! For me it seems "the portable amiga"! Wink

I want a flash cart for my atari lynx too! Wink
segabob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Lynx Reply with quote

Lynx would be very easy to do too.
Tomy under estimates the user base for the AtariLynx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: