ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SF3 or SF 6 or SF 7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: SF3 or SF 6 or SF 7? Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm looking to play an edited / hacked version of NHL 94 with updated rosters, and team jerseys and what not.

Will I be able to play this on one of the game doctors?
If so, which should I buy?
And what is the difference between the 3?
Thank you.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the hack works on real hardware, it'll work on the Game Doctor SF3, 6, or 7. You could try playing it on the BSNES emulator to see if it works first. If it works on BSNES it should work on the Game Doctor too.

The Game Doctor SF3 is limited to 32 megabits of RAM. Any game bigger than this (only a few japanese games) can't be loaded. The SF3 and I believe the SF6 as well don't support copy protection schemes used by a few games and require you to use UCON64 to crack the roms to work properly. The SF7 doesn't need these as it supports those copy protections. Both the SF6 and SF7 support more memory. SF6 supports atleast 64 megabits, maybe more, SF7 supports 128 megabits. Few games need more memory so the main reason to have it is to load up more games at once into memory, or if you just want more than 32 megabits to be able to use the Real Time Save feature which needs 8 megabits meaning you need 40 to do it in a 32 megabit game.

Another thing is the SF3 doesn't have the 25 pin parallel port for PC and CDROM use. SF6 and SF7 do have it. If you get it setup properly it's much faster and easier to send games from the PC to the Game Doctor than to load them off Floppy Disks.

All 3 are excellent devices.
Trog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Great response, thanks.
Wondering how I can run roms with the BSNES?
All my rom file formats are SMC right now.
Thanks!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's right. BSNES in more recent versions is pretty annoying. You need to use a tool to "convert" it to .SFC format. Or find an older version of BSNES like v063 which I use still. This would be easier to use.
Trog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. You're a good man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: