ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gameboy Advance Flash carts with SD/MicroSD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario64

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Gameboy Advance Flash carts with SD/MicroSD? Reply with quote

can anyone tell me which Gameboy Advance Flash carts support SD/MicroSD c
cards?

Thanks!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M3 Adapter has versions that support SD and MiniSD, not sure about MicroSD but you can get Micro to Mini and Micro to Regular SD adapters.

The M3 Adapter is probably the best GBA flash cart. There is the SuperCard but it uses slow RAM and games suffer slowdown because of it. Other than that I'm not sure what if any other flash carts for GBA support SD cards.
system64

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G-Bank or Gamebank supports SD cards:
http://www.gameboy-advance.net/flash_card/game_bank.htm

The GameWallet add-on for the Flash2Advance carts is available for CompactFlash or SmartMedia cards. It might work with a CF-to-SD adapter.
http://www.spieleforum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=52278&d=1097745365

The old CycloDS was available for MiniSD and MicroSD. But it seems that it's just a renamed Supercard product:
http://www.scorpei.com/CycloDS.html
amptor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the M3 products the best. You have to be careful when purchasing one that does SD though. Do your research to see which one is better (it is the more expensive model).

I like my M3 CF. But these are not 100% compatible with all games, contrary to what they were trying to achieve.

Still, they are much better than Supercard which uses a slower memory type. It has been so long I forgot what the difference was. Something like M3 used syncrhonous nand and supercard used asyncrhonous nand which is cheaper or something like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: