ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Hirom on the Multi Game Hunter (MGH)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mgh wrote:

Hi. I recently bought a faulty mgh bundle that came with 2 grey SNES adaptors. One of the adaptors was a pass through and the other had one ic, from memory a gal chip. It was my hunch after reading all the great info You posted may I ad, that the adaptor with the ic is the old HiROM adaptor that clockwork was talking about. I managed to get my copier working briefly and tested a 16m HiROM game with both adaptors. The pass through didn’t display a thing but the adaptor with the gal played the game but with corrupted backgrounds. My hunch is that I have to first run the swapper program that you posted before running the riom to fix the backgrounds. Unfortunately my mgh is playing up again so I cannot test. If I manage to repair it I’ll report back with the results.

Thanks, that's interesting indeed. If you could post a pic of that adapter I'd be curious to compare it with more conventional HiRom adapters.
As for the issues you 're going through with your MGH it could be memory related, a common issue with those machines.
I'd recommend you to try small roms first and see if the problem occurs as often. Check if one of the memory ICs is getting hotter than others.
Mgh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:
Thanks, that's interesting indeed. If you could post a pic of that adapter I'd be curious to compare it with more conventional HiRom adapters.
As for the issues you 're going through with your MGH it could be memory related, a common issue with those machines.
I'd recommend you to try small roms first and see if the problem occurs as often. Check if one of the memory ICs is getting hotter than others.

They are black not grey as I earlier stated. My issues seems to be intermittent and related to the hirom adaptor which is made worse when I plug in the power supply. I get rom and ram errors and then the drive will not be detected? I managed to get it working again with no errors but it’s now not playing the hirom game it previously did. I’ve attached a couple of pics of the adaptor and will report back with any findings.

4B93E751-6151-4043-B717-592FA721192B.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.76 KB
 Viewed:  2151 Time(s)

4B93E751-6151-4043-B717-592FA721192B.jpeg

Mgh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front

4D6D0180-BE3A-4389-A66C-2BFE3A8FAFBD.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.02 KB
 Viewed:  2150 Time(s)

4D6D0180-BE3A-4389-A66C-2BFE3A8FAFBD.jpeg

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics.
So indeed this must be the "old HiRom adapter", there seems to me more variants of the MGH that I thought. I also have another one with quite a few mods that I need to spend more time on, maybe it had that logic built in to use with a regular pass through adapter.

Yes the system is very flimsy, especially between the base and the floppy drive unit.
Do you have a proper 9V-10v 1.2A center negative psu on the MGH and on the SFC?
You can only load games if the drive is powered usually.
I'd advise for a start to tear all the machines apart, including the SFC, stack them up and check all the data/address lines are going through with a multimeter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: