ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illegal Copy Screen on Super Metriod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syd

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Illegal Copy Screen on Super Metriod Reply with quote

Alright this has happend to me twice now. I got pretty far in Super Metroid then all of a sudden one time when I loaded the game it came up with the screen "It is a serious offence to copy super nintendo games" etc etc. Then after a couple trys loading it, it works, but my save is erased! Is there any sort of copy protection with this game, or is it the CIC chip that is screwed up? I can't see it being the CIC since this is the only game it's ever happend on.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, never heard of this happening before. I'm sure something in Ucon could strip out or patch whatever is causing that.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, never heard of this happening before. I'm sure something in Ucon could strip out or patch whatever is causing that.
syd

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think it just needed to be cracked. I cracked it with ucon and it found 1 instance that needed to be cracked. So far I haven't encountered that screen again, not yet anyway!
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normal copy protection. It happens fairly often that a game erases the saves when it detects illegal operations. Be shure to clean every game before you play it ( especially those with saves ). Do a slowrom fix and probably region fix, an after all repair the checksumm.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Super Metroid's protection detects the abundance of SRAM and locks the game. Cracking the game would be the safest way to play although this shouldn't happen in the first place. SuperFlash should be enabling only the necessary SRAM, and it must be if you aren't seeing those screens often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: