ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"dvd64" for the gamecube
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
damien

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: "dvd64" for the gamecube Reply with quote

How about a "cd64" like device for the gamecube Very Happy
Ofcourse with a dvd-rom drive and usb to pc connection to backup games, which you then can burn on regular dvd-r.... Idea Or better with build in ethernet adapter so you can play Mariokart on the internet and by this connection backup games... Very Happy Idea
In a nice purple or black package (in cube form) so it fits nice with the current config....
And maybe, as an extra... a gameboy player device in this machine.

I read on the internet that some company (name was never published so it will be b#ll$h!t Confused ) was creating such a device. (without my added extra) Never published ofcourse. But in my eyes..... it has potential... Cool

I would like such a device because I don't want to mod my gc. But I guess I only will buy it when new games aren't sold anymore, like with the snes and n64. So not for long time... gives you time to create Wink

Greetings,

Damien.

p.s. I know that this device will never see broad daylight, but fantasies are nice...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would not be needed now.
all you need a is a game cube memory card with a special program on it and an action replay to play any game cube backup.

or buy a mod chip.

the way is out there google more and check into some irc channels on efnet.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting...
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any more info on this? A quick google search hasn't turned up much but I am curious as to how this gamecube memory cart + action replay method works for mini dvdr burned games.
damien

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a bit searching myself.
Check this site: http://modthatcube.ngcdev.com

Here you can find your answers

Wich brings me to my new idea...
Idea A MAX drive pro with sd adapter Idea you can use larger sd memory instead of the standard 64mb of the MAX drive pro... Very Happy
I'm so full of idea's Cool ..... or something else if you want.... Confused
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link matey, checkin it now.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the Max Drive Pro method seems easiest. I have just ordered one and am going to test this out.
damien

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so too. I'm going to try it too.... but in a vew months (probably end of august...when I have more time)

Would you mind posting your findings or pm me? preciate
I hope it works, but so far I only read good comments on the GCOS 1.4 and max drive pro combo...
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: e Reply with quote

I too would be interested to know the limitations of the Max Drive Pro. It mentions you can upload GC executables to the Max Drive Pro, but other than small (less than 8MB files), I have to wonder how useful this is. I'm sure it would work for emulators and small demos, but what other functionality does it really offer?

I've noticed on many message boards the question of wether it allows one to play backups somehow, but I have not seen any definitive answers for this yet.

-Rob
rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most homebrew games are quite small so it shouldnt be a problem with the 8MB size. The real deal of the Max Drive Pro is the option to load the Bios of the cube hence GCOS (Game Cube Operating System). That is the heart of playing burns.

I will most certainly post my findings. The MDP has already been dispatched today according to an email I recieved from Codejunkies. I am placing an order tomorrow for some mini 8cm Ritek DVD-R and then im ready to rock and roll. I sure hopt it goes well as some players seem to have issues reading blanks period.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: e Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I heard of varying results with the mini DVD-Rs. Some swore they absolutely will not work, ever. Others said that gameplay was very choppy. I dunno...maybe it's the brand of mini DVD-R.

-Rob
acem77

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take the cover off the game cube. much cheaper than buying mini dvds. slide it back on when not playing dvdrs.
they work or dont work for the most part you will get a disc read error. aka: dre error.
they have replacment cases you can buy now that let you load full size dvds. you can do a laser tweak if needed.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full cd cube tops costs like €15 with shipping
it's not to say very fancy, but it does it's job.

DRE's it all depends on the media.

From my experience The more darker (purple alike) the writable surface of the dvd-r is the better, i got some nice dark purple dvd-r's never got any DRE, the cheaper very light purple have often DRE.

Tweaking, laser, wel if you don't know how or never did it, i would not recommand it, i got 1 cube with tweaked laser and since a few weeks that one got very unreliable when reading games, even originals, setting it back to it's original settings doesn't solve the problem. ah well it was only the vipered cube, i still have my Qoob cube and the unmodded cube with SDLoad.

all have full dvd-r case tops wich i recommand to use (any will do and i would say, if you want fancy one's wait for the Team xecuter cases Very Happy )
(be sure to pay alot more then €15)

I would recommand SDload if you don't mind swapping and have a spare 512 or 1gb SD cart Wink it runs 100% homebrew stuff, what i can't say from viper/qoob.

If money doesn't matter and you're pure in for the gaming thing well take a wise choice on what modchip, but stay away from Ripper/// or Ninjamod for cube. (modchips for cube costs more then a some secondhand cube today)

rippin snare

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info,

I hope the Max Drive Pro method works well as that is the way I am going, the order is already placed for it. I am unsure what to do in terms of media. I never knew tops existed for full DVD's I guess I will look into that if minis dont work well.

Is the case top hard to get off and on?
damien

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I started this item, was that I didn't want to get in to the cube.... so cutting of the top... isn't really my way... neither is laser tweaking and modchips....

I just want to keep it as it came out of the box...

So sd or Max drive pro are my only options... (hoping for the sd max drive pro... Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: