ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with my gamedoctor sf7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Problem with my gamedoctor sf7 Reply with quote

Hi,
I just received a game doctor sf7 and have installed it (well plugged in the snes, fed with dc 9V 1A.
I load 1 game to test (final fantasy mystic quest (us) ) the game runs well , i save then turn off the snes with keeping the sf7 fed with power then turn on the snes.
And then it is the problem: the game rom is no longer in memory.
I saw on the manual that the roms and save is kept as long as the sf7 is plugged on power.
But when i reload the roms from the disk my save is still there which means that the sf7 has kept the sram.
Is it normal?
What should i do?
rippin snare

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.. it MAY have something to do with your ac adaptor believe it or not. The Sf7 is very particular on the amount of power it recieves and the type of power it recieves. If it isn't fed enough it might be dropping what is stored in memory. I have a problem kind of you like yours if I unplug it or do something of that nature. My roms will still be listed but when I run them all I get is a black screen. The game in fact isnt there.

These are the exact specs of the ac adaptor requrired. 9-12V DC, 850ma-1.2A CENTRE PIN NEGATIVE. The best thing for this is a generation 1 genesis/megadrive adaptor. That is what myself and others are using and its fine. Try that out.

It might also be your ram. I just thought of that. how much do you have? make sure it well seated in the unit or that might cause problems too.

all the best.
Fei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 32mbits standards which are provided in the sf7.
I used 2 differents power supply:
A 9 or 12V 1000mA and a 9 or 12V 2A center negative
and the results are the sames...
rippin snare

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm so you are sure power is still going to the SF7 right? you aren't turning off a power bar or something that it might be connected to?

If you are still having problems I would recommend talking to the owner, Tomy. They in fact manufacture the ram themselves for the SF7 so if you happen to have bad ram I am more than sure he will sort you out with a new one since you bought the unit from him. Don't jump to conclusions that something is wrong with it just yet. The units are very old after all and I myself have weird quirks with them here and there too. Just keep playing around and see if anyone else gives you any other ideas that may be helpful. In the meantime don't bother with emailing tomy. You will never hear back. your best best is icq or even better msn messenger. you can find his info on the main page.

all the best.
Fei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i don't turn off hte power to the unit.
The weird thing is that the sram remain in the unit and only the ram disapears...
Mozzie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you try another game that uses BRAM.
Some games need patching to work with the BRAM in the GD7.
Try Zelda or Super Mario World.

Good luck
Fei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problems doesn't comes from the bram which is the one that works well but it comes from the 32mbits of ram in which i load snes roms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: