ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Flash Card doesnt work ,pls Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AfterWhoruNeo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Super Flash Card doesnt work ,pls Help Reply with quote

Hello ,
i haved buy a Super Flash Card for the SNES from tototek.

But it doesnt work.

The Problem is the following : i connect the parallel port cabel , and the usb cabel , turn on the flasher (card insert) , and i installed varios version of Super Flasher Software (at least the 33 version).

Software starts and found the card . But if i click on "add game" nothing happens. The Button programm ist disabled .

Is this a software bug?

I tried this on 2 PCs and have the bost efect .

I have tried it with Windows 2000 and Windows XP and i tried to use "User Port" for direkt Port Access.

Can someone help me pls? What could i do wrong?
FloBo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any game on the cart? If so, do you get it's name printed onto the GUI of the Flasher Software?

If not, your printerport settings might be incorrect. That's one option I could think of.
AfterWhoruNeo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no game..there is following shown :

1)
TYPE: LOROM
ROM SIZE :256 MBIT
SRAM SIZE :262144KBIT

i have bought a new cabel , but this wasnt the problem.

I have the same settings configured in the snes flash utility like in the bios .

What do i wrong?
merp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AfterWhoruNeo wrote:
there is no game..there is following shown :

1)
TYPE: LOROM
ROM SIZE :256 MBIT
SRAM SIZE :262144KBIT

i have bought a new cabel , but this wasnt the problem.

I have the same settings configured in the snes flash utility like in the bios .

What do i wrong?

The right setting should display NOTHING at all first.

First it should look like:

1)---------
2)---------
3)---------
4)---------

Then with your parallel port configured properly it should display this with your flasher/dumper turned OFF:

1)

If you turn the dumper/flasher on it should display the game information... Unless the cartridge has epoxy blobs inside of it instead of chips. (Despite what the menu says, the dumper WILL dump Super FX cartridges... but obviously will NOT be able to use them on the flash cart.)

If it looks like the way YOU have it, the settings are incorrect.

Go into SETUP and see which "printer port" is selected. Then see if it corresponds with the port you are using for your LPT1.

From Windows 2000/XP/Vista do that by going into the Control Panel, then the System menu, then the Hardware tab, then the Device Manager button. (In Windows 98, just go to the Device Manager panel.)

Then click Ports, and under that click Printer Port (LPT1), then right-click and click Properties, then the Resources tab.

See if the first I/O Range matches with the port you have configured in Superflash.

It generally works best in EPP mode. It will be detected in ECP, but not function correctly.

I have had no problems with it working in EPP mode under a different Windows 9 box using EPP port on DMA 1. Make sure to check through your BIOS to see if there are no IRQ conflicts.

Try messing around with the IRQ and DMA addresses, making sure to document which is which so you can change things back to how they were after messing with them.

I think I could possibly make a FAQ if I tried on this.

I hope this helps.

merp
AfterWhoruNeo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx , i will try it , and reply then if it work or not.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AfterWhoruNeo,

Have you try the cart before flash it ? It has games inside, and must work, because of tested before ship. You say you buy new cable ? Is it switch box extension cable ? it only work with this one. And please set EPP mode from bios. And post your test result. Thank you
AfterWhoruNeo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok problem solved..card work..

It was a realy silly thing of me : i have plugged the card in the wrong direction in the flasher lol Embarassed

I have turned the card in the right direction and now it is working perfect.

Thank you all for you help.
AfterWhoruNeo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the next problem..after flashing i have tried to insert my flash card with the t-connector (cause i have no cic chip installed) in the snes and i become a blank screen (not game list or something else).

Its a PAL SNES and i have tried this several times.

Can someone help me?
JohnDie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also plug a normal PAL cartridge in the back of the T-Connector with the label facing up?
And try using the switch on the T-Connector as it selects which CIC the SNES "can seen". It should be in the lower position in your case.
AfterWhoruNeo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes all these thing i have tried...the pal game was plugged corretly and the switch was correct too (i tried every solution).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: