ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sega Nomad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmrydholm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: The Sega Nomad Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have my old Sega Nomad (The portable Genesis-very rare) which obviously is no longer produced or serviced by Sega here in the U.S. I have a lousy crack in the LCD and plastic face shield which really gripes me as I tend to keep my old game stuff in near-mint condition. Or at least try really hard to. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that could repair or replace the LCD of my Nomad. It's not a "Dead" system; it works fine. Aside from the crack and a bright orange spot on the monitor. I could just hook it up to a TV or portable monitor but that defeats the purpose of it being compact and easy to carry around. Can anyone give me any pointers or suggestions? I already tried sega's official repair facility. (The irony is that they give you price quotes for repairs on systems such as the Genesis, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast etc. but they told me they "don't service the discontinued systems." Then why are all of the other ones listed?? lol! ) Thanks guys. PS: Merry Christmas everyone!
-John Rydholm
avid Sega Genesis gamer
proud owner of DeLorean #10715
eater of tacos

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check eBay for replacement screens ($2) and if you can't fix the LCD, buy a scratched up Nomad on eBay for $30 or less and swap the LCDs.
jmrydholm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: The Sega Nomad Reply with quote

Sweet. They sell > or = 30$ Nomad's on Ebay? I must check this more oft times. (Better word than just saying "often." ) Thanks! Is it very difficult to install another LCD? I've taken my PS1 apart and rebuilt it but I destroyed a PS2 that was already broken for the most part. I ended up having another company mod my GBA b/c I was paranoid/lazy. Smile
--John
PS: Merry Christmas everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: