ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sony memory stick adapter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: sony memory stick adapter? Reply with quote

sony makes a memory stick to floppy adapter, i was wondering if anyone knows if this will work with any of the backup devices that have a floppy. from looking on the web i see the product includes a driver disk, but i don't know if it's just some BS interface program or if it really needs something more than a just generic floppy. the sites i've seen say that it works with almost any os (of course it doesn't say anything about openbsd, or qnx, you know what i mean). that would be great if it did work, i think 128MB of snes games could keep me happy for quite a while.

here is a link to the product on the walmart website: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3951&dept=3944&product_id=1242630&path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A63985%3A63988
i've seen them for less elsewhere, but i'm pretty sure they are discontinued.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just needs a generic floppy but does require additional software, which of course isn't built into copiers, and most likely wont be... oh well.
burn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i didn't figure it would, but i was hoping against hope.
dhaunet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it's possible to reverse engine protocols, used by Sony drivers to access MemoryStick via Floppy. But it's a total waste of money.

A better project would be to make a thingie with the form-factor of 3.5" floppy drive and a Compact Flash slot, a number indicator and a switch button, capable of simulating regular 1.44" floppy drive

You put files in folders, and each folder is considered to be content of a virtual floppy disk. Hit the switch button to rotate through virtual floppies (or two buttons - "next" and "previous").

This floppy replacement could be used with tonns of products Smile

Backup units, classic computers (Atari ST, Amiga, MSX), even for old floppy based PC games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: