ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone help me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderwing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Hi People.

Im new to this stuff and have tried to sort this out myself for a few weeks now and I'm now at a point I need help.

I have a problem with a Game Doctor SF7, I bought this a while back, not knowing if it was working, I have since found my old snes (pal) and made sure it was working. I also purchased a 12v 1.2A power supply for the unit (center negative).

I have tried it in my snes and I dont get power to the SF7 no Floppy light and nothing but a black screen (no output), I have tried with a cart on the top of the unit and without both with the same black screen results. I have tried turning on the snes with the R button pressed but again, with no results.

My first question is do I have to do anything to my snes (total original non modded console)? secondly does the SF7 have a SMD fuse? I will admit, I have taken the thing apart and found that the floppy drive power has a 5v line but doesnt seem to have a negative only a white cable is this right?

Please if anyone can help?

Kind regards

Brian
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Game Doctor SF7 is NTSC only. You need to install a PAL CIC or a cracked CIC to make it run on PAL SNES. Then check the power. If both good, it should have display and run.
Thunderwing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: cic Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the quick reply, as i said im new to the scene and dont know what a Pal CIC is, is this something i need to do to the Snes or the Game Doctor SF7?

thanks for all your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: