ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Managed to track down a CR562-b drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
borgdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Managed to track down a CR562-b drive Reply with quote

What all do I need to interface it with the GDSF7? Is this kit all I need? http://gamedoctorhk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_1_7_110&products_id=393

Also, how would I go about burning games? Just burn them as files at 1x?

cpsystem3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on tracking one down!

I’ve got a “clone” CD7 pcb from game doctor HK. I was able to stuff the CD-ROM drive and the interface pcb into a “MicroSolutions Backpack” external cdrom enclosure. Works great with my Doctor SF7. If a power supply isn’t included, you’ll need a 5v/12v power supply (same pin out as Doctor V64, Google if you get stuck).

As for burning the games, use ucon64 to convert your roms to Gamedoctor format. Burn the resulting files to a Mode 1 CD, files in the root of the CD. The SF7 completely lacks a file browser, and relies on you entering the game’s number (for example 8001 if the game is 8mb and Ucon named it game 001).

Good luck!

Last edited by cpsystem3 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
borgdude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpsystem3 wrote:
Congratulations on tracking one down!

I’ve got a “clone” CD7 pcb from Tomy. I was able to stuff the CD-ROM drive and the interface pcb into a “MicroSolutions Backpack” external cdrom enclosure. Works great with my Doctor SF7. If a power supply isn’t included, you’ll need a 5v/12v power supply (same pin out as Doctor V64, Google if you get stuck).

As for burning the games, use ucon64 to convert your roms to Gamedoctor format. Burn the resulting files to a Mode 1 CD, files in the root of the CD. The SF7 completely lacks a file browser, and relies on you entering the game’s number (for example 8001 if the game is 8mb and Ucon named it game 001).

Good luck!

So is that adapter board from gamedoctorhk more or less the same then? Also, Does the enclosure just then plug into the adapter board? Or better yet, could I see a picture of how it's setup lol?

borgdude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got the board. Where do I put the capacitor on the board. Also, do I need to power the board and drive separately?
borgdude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, deleted my post by accident. I got the board working and I will do a write up later about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: