ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I ordered the MD PRO 64M on the 6th. It hasn't arrived yet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbjh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raistlin77 wrote:
Encrypting every Jap rom would just be a bitch though. Especially since apparently there isn't even a program that can do it

Actually, uCON64 1.9.8-2 *should* be able to do it. I get very little feedback from PCE (copier) owners so I don't know if it really works like it should. PCE dumps aren't automatically recognised by uCON64 so you have to inform uCON64 about the fact that it's dealing with one (with -pce). BTW encrypting is not really the right term, because the bytes are simply bit-swapped. You can bit-swap a file with the option -swap. Say you have a file named game.pce of which you want all bytes to be bit-swapped, you could use a command like this:
Code:
ucon64 -pce -swap game.pce

I'm curious if that works for you (when you have your Turbo Express up and running again).
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can test this dbjh, is it a new feature? It'll be very obvious if it works or not, you can even load the "unencrypted" game into MagicEngine. The games aren't bitswapped!
dbjh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
I can test this dbjh, is it a new feature?

Yes, it's new in version 1.9.8-2.

kyuusaku wrote:
It'll be very obvious if it works or not, you can even load the "unencrypted" game into MagicEngine. The games aren't bitswapped!

I don't quite understand what you are saying here. What is Magic Engine? An emulator? I understand that the game code isn't executed in bit-swapped form.

But it would be great if you could test it on one of your copiers. I'm also curious if I'm right about -smg. -mgd converts PCE games to "ASCII form"/U.S.A. "mode"/unencrypted form/not bit-swapped form/whatever. Acem77 said that that was needed for bit-swapped games in order to work on his MGD2. I simply assumed the Super Magic Griffin needs files in bit-swapped form. Do you know if that is correct?
It seems that cracking PCE games is quite simple (1.9.8-2 doesn't do that). Perhaps I will add that feature. I will tell you how to crack PCE games if it turns out that you need to crack some in order for them to work on your PCE copier/console.
acem77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the magic engine is a emulator. but it will play any rom.
as far as i can tell it is jap or usa.
i dont know about unencrypted vs encrypted.
usa games only work on usa systems and jap games only work on jap systems.

if it was truly unencrypted the rom would now work on both systems.
it will only toggle regions. what was once usa is now jap and the other way around.
Smile
thats how i see it
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres how this is:

All PCE copiers play the same data, "unencrypted" data or the Japanese address mode.

All TG-16 games come "encrypted" because the 8 data address pins are reversed, this causes the first byte of the game to go to the end of the game, the second byte to become second to last etc.

The Magic Griffin takes games the same as the MGD2 but can only play on a Japanese console as the Magic Griffin itself has a BIOS needing to be executed. Thus if you want to play American games on a Magic Griffin then you need to change 01001001 into 10010010 get it? Acem77 doesn't have this problem because MGD2 strictly emulates the hardware, he can invert the American game for play on a Japanese system or "encrypt" or invert the Japanese game for American consoles because the MGD2 does not have a program needed to be executed for playing.

Magic Engine is an emulator, it can also play any game automagically in either "encrypted" or "decrypted" mode, games don't care if they're "encrypted" or not, they don't know the difference. There is no difference between the PCE and TG-16 systems or games just the sequence of bits in each hucard.
dbjh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
ok heres how this is:

All PCE copiers play the same data, "unencrypted" data or the Japanese address mode.

All TG-16 games come "encrypted" because the 8 data address pins are reversed, this causes the first byte of the game to go to the end of the game, the second byte to become second to last etc.

I presume you mean the 8 data pins. 8 address pins would address only 256 bytes.

kyuusaku wrote:
The Magic Griffin takes games the same as the MGD2 but can only play on a Japanese console as the Magic Griffin itself has a BIOS needing to be executed. Thus if you want to play American games on a Magic Griffin then you need to change 01001001 into 10010010 get it?

Yes. Talking about American versus Japanese games can be a bit confusing, though. If someone wants to play a bit-swapped Japanese game it would also need to be bit-swapped (again) before he can play it on a Magic Griffin, right? Am I correct in thinking that a bit-swapped Japanese game can only be produced by a tool, not by a (commercial) copier?

kyuusaku wrote:
Acem77 doesn't have this problem because MGD2 strictly emulates the hardware, he can invert the American game for play on a Japanese system or "encrypt" or invert the Japanese game for American consoles because the MGD2 does not have a program needed to be executed for playing.

Ah, that makes things much clearer. Thanks!

kyuusaku wrote:
Magic Engine is an emulator, it can also play any game automagically in either "encrypted" or "decrypted" mode, games don't care if they're "encrypted" or not, they don't know the difference. There is no difference between the PCE and TG-16 systems or games just the sequence of bits in each hucard.

Well, Cowering was speaking about a copy-protection in the TG-16/TG-16 games.

I have updated uCON64. Shall I send you a binary or are you happy with compiling the code yourself? If you want to compile the code yourself you have to wait a few hours because anonymous CVS lags behind.
miguelito1435

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see people have had problems with shipping. I ordered a GC KEYBOARD CONVERTER 2in1 US keyboard version on the 31st of october, and paid via paypal for the fastest shipping possible, most expensive too. ($16.10 USD) said to be shipped 3-5 days. Its been 5 days and I never recieved a tracking number or any type of confirmation email. I sent 5 emails to sales@tototek.com, and one to tomy1122@hotmail.com confirming my payment with my paypal transaction ID number. I never recieved a confirmation email or anything. Was I a fool to pay for the most expensive shipping even though I wont get it any time soon. I read it has taken about a month for people to get their product. When will I get my product?
vcdfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tototek are bad at replying to e-mails, that's been stated in many a topic. Your best bet is to try and get Tomy on MSN or whatever. And it's only been 4 days, could turn up in the next couple of days. You don't need to post the same thing in different topics either, once is enough.

vcdfan
Sucrilhos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
I requested one Md-pro in the site tototek.com,
but still I did not pay. Now, I pay or not? =:/

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

segabob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Don't worry Reply with quote

Sucrilhos wrote:
Hmmm...

Only a few people complain that they don't get their item in 5 days. They don't know that's it 5 days from the date it was shipped not the time it takes for order. On weekends the time doesn't not count.
Most of the post here that people cry about not getting something most always get it in a few days after that and never reply back in this forum to say they got it.

This place you will have no worry
No one has ever been Ripped off here and This is the best place I have ever ordered from.

It's only the email that's slow.
And customs at post offices all over is the reason of most complaints here if any

Wink
Sucrilhos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't worry Reply with quote

segabob wrote:
Sucrilhos wrote:
Hmmm...

Only a few people complain that they don't get their item in 5 days. They don't know that's it 5 days from the date it was shipped not the time it takes for order. On weekends the time doesn't not count.
Most of the post here that people cry about not getting something most always get it in a few days after that and never reply back in this forum to say they got it.

This place you will have no worry
No one has ever been Ripped off here and This is the best place I have ever ordered from.

It's only the email that's slow.
And customs at post offices all over is the reason of most complaints here if any

Wink

I wait not to pass for these problems, exactly knowing that also I am impatient Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: