ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to copy FDS 2.8" disk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
madman



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 598

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyuusaku, check your PMs over on the assembler board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MottZilla



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused with various things I've read. Doesn't FDSLoader alone hooked up to a Famicom Disk Drive allow you to rewrite/restore your disks if you've bypassed Nintendo's little tricks to stop you from rewriting the entire disk? You don't need a Game Doctor or MGD1 do you? Just the right FDS Drive, Custom Cable, and PC? I'm curious as I may aqquire a FDS soon. It would be nice to be able to write disks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyuusaku



Joined: 26 Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Location: .ma.us

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes FDSLoadr lets you interface the disk drive and/or RAM adapter to your PC's parallel port. The disk drive cable will allow you to backup and supposedly rewrite disks, the RAM adapter cable will emulate the disk drive. Game Doctors are not required or supported or helpful in any way really.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoctorBackup



Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Posts: 265

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to finally see FDS dumping and writing getting sorted out in the western world. Good Thread! Maybe i am gonna have to get another MGD1 and Tomys cable. Wink I haven't used any of my copiers in a few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madman



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 598

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kyuusaku knows, I've been working on writing my own utility by reversing the Bung MGD send util along w/Tomy's util. He's right...the timing for this thing is insane and the MGD1 doesn't really provide you with much intelligence to go on in terms of waiting for it to be ready. Modern copiers will set certain bits on the status port when it's ready, so you just do a while loop until it's ready. No dice with the MGD1. You kind of need to guess at delay settings, if they're wrong, you're out of luck Sad

Anyhow--tonight I FINALLY got the send/receive byte functions working as well as sending commands to the MGD1. I can get it to read a disk into the MGD1, next step is transferring the data over, but I can only imagine how tricky it will be to get the timing correct. I'll keep you guys posted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ruger



Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job!

Ruger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChimyFolkButter



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! This is great news. A new FDS utility for the 21st Century.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MottZilla



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking for alittle clarification here. To write disk images to blank/sacrificial disks there are two paths maybe. Something with a TGD6+? And FDSLoader. And to use either of these you must have some certain model of FDS drive? It's really unclear to me. If you have an early model drive you don't have to do anything or do you? If you have a later model drive, are you screwwed or what?

Just wanted to know incase I ever get a FDS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madman



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 598

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back and read this thread again, all the information is in there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kazmat



Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi madman

Could you send Copymaster image (Bung format) or anything to me ?

I want to try to check my MGD1 & cable.

I can't send PM to you because bbs system is wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madman



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 598

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your email address? You can test your MGD1 + cable with a read too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kazmat



Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, madman

Please send to

kazmat6502 at hotmail dot co dot jp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kazmat



Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally ,I could read & reprogram FDS successfully !!

Nice work Tomy for MGDLinker & Cable.

I have to check many FDS getting from HongKong.


Hi madman, I hear that you made a util to convert Bung<->FDS format.

Is it true ? I need it soon !!

I also need a util to conver MGD<->Flying Eagle.




Smile


Last edited by kazmat on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyuusaku



Joined: 26 Jul 2003
Posts: 941
Location: .ma.us

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kazmat, every .FDS file is a bad dump because it doesn't store the checksum and gap periods or "start codes", you should dump your own games with your MGD to get closer to the real disk. The MGD still isn't perfect because it must strip off the checksum. I think the only "Bung" part of "Bung" images is the file count ORed with the first start code.

To convert to MGD format from Flying Eagle/Magic Super Griffin, you only need to remove first 512 bytes and rename the game and make MULTI-GD file. If you need to do conversion to 2.8" disks, then you need the tool :P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RGB_Gamer



Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Posts: 879

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is impossible to play .FDS games on a real machine?

where can I get blank 2.8" disks for use with the FDS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group